Gemini - Poem by Praveen Rao
The ethereal feeling is over
Green eyed monsters occupy
the mind's expanse.
For the duality is overwhelming.
They are always two to choose.
Two to ignore, two to change,
two to wake up to, two to sleep over,
two to take, two to slake.
When you want to, you can't
When you can't, you're coerced
The game goes on...With you and me.
Brutus felt it, Judas acted on it,
Still it's the same two-step dance
Where everything loses its stance
and everyone rakes in the guilt.
It's a sign. It's a trap,
We'll all fall into it.
Knowing two can't save anyone,
Because decisions are meant to be
one. And this time two's definitely
Comments about Gemini by Praveen Rao
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl