Gone Fishing - Poem by Eric Cockrell
Wall Street keeps grinding,
bombs keep falling overseas.
the homeless still cry out,
the hungry stare...
and the feeble old man
still needs help...
the air's filled with carbon,
the oceans' filled with oil.
corporate America keeps leeching,
and the rich pay no taxes....
the politicians keep lying,
and the preachers sell eternity.
if it wasnt for all of this...
i'd put up the sign:
Comments about Gone Fishing by Eric Cockrell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda