Lawrence S. Pertillar
Goosebumps With Shivers - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Countless nights I use to lay in fear,
Sleepless and wondering how safe...
My personal security I held dear,
Was being jeopardized by those I could not see.
Someone around me I was told to believe creeps.
Goosebumps with the shivers I would get daily!
Looking for that man who bogeyed to boo.
So I danced with a golf club in my hand.
Prepared to hit a hole in one over par.
Whenever given that chance.
And today that fear from me has ceased.
Since I discovered those wining and dining,
Have invested their self interest only...
In protecting their own treasure chests,
Kept on shores hidden somewhere overseas.
Comments about Goosebumps With Shivers by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl