Lawrence S. Pertillar
Higher Education - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
It is heard everywhere.
How having education,
Helps anyone to obtain...
A better way of life.
Academies, Ivy League schools.
Prestigious colleges and universities,
Graduate thousands of people.
Awarded degrees in various fields of interest.
No one has ever been honored...
To be degreed as achieving,
The heights of common sense.
That promises to prevent ignorance,
From being the epidemic it has become.
And one would think,
That could be easily done.
Since the expense for having higher education,
Should have no one complaining.
About their quality of life.
And the absence of competence,
Few today know the meaning of it.
Or could, if asked, spell the word.
Comments about Higher Education by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl