How Did You? - Poem by Mokey J.B.
How did you slip by my defences?
The guard of my mind’s eye
Did you pass across the boarder
In a breath, a fleeting sigh?
A caress explored the geography
Left footprints in the sand
But not content with gentle shores
You sought the heart of this land
Did you travel up the river here?
Though meanders of my dreams
Where did the journey take you to?
Deep beneath my skin it seems
And now you’re here, do I surrender?
I fear what will begin
Though trembling, I reach for keys
So afraid, I let you in
Comments about How Did You? by Mokey J.B.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Mokey J.B.'s Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl