Lawrence S. Pertillar
If Our Sun Is A Star - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Everyone living on Earth can see,
The Sun shining brightly...
With a radiance believed.
But when we leave this Earth,
Do we become stars...
To twinkle far?
And if our Sun is a star,
To shine brightly day and night...
Who and what is this,
Assigned to protect our existence?
Are we too not 'gods'...?
Here as a work-in-progress.
Awaiting to be assigned,
Somewhere in the Universe...
To exist eternally as 'divine'?
Why would God insist,
We exist to love Him first...
Above all others?
Comments about If Our Sun Is A Star by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl