Bernard F. Asuncion
In The Swimming Pool - Poem by Bernard F. Asuncion
T-wentieth January morn
H-as made the day sunny;
E-vening shadows disappear,
A-s the dawn breaks early.
P-ouring rain Thursday
E-vades the Friday occasion
N-ew light is rising
A-bove the horizon.
R-emembering your birth
E-liminates the dark night;
D-elight is truly brought,
O-nce the sun denies the twilight.
N-o more mist and haze,
D-iving into the water is cool;
A-llow not yourself to sink, keep afloat in the swimming pool.
Comments about In The Swimming Pool by Bernard F. Asuncion
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl