My Mother’s Passing - Poem by Mahfooz Ali
No sign of life, no words spoken,
Not even a trace of a sigh,
Her eyes are closed;
My heart is broken;
We never said goodbye.
We joked today,
We hugged today,
She chose to die.
I live for just the moment
In time to say goodbye.
Comments about My Mother’s Passing by Mahfooz Ali
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda