One Christmas Wish - Poem by Patricia Barner
If I had one wish at Christmas
What do you think it would be?
It's that I would see you
Jesus was born at Christmas
To save us from our sins.
Crucified; then resurrected at Easter
So if we believe, when we die,
Our spirit can reside with him.
Heaven is where I'm going,
Paradise is what I seek.
Yet I wonder where you'll be.
Will your eyes be softly glowing
Deep azure like the sea
Looking at me, throughout eternity?
Comments about One Christmas Wish by Patricia Barner
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Patricia Barner's Other Poems
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl