Permission Granted? - Poem by David Taylor
To be the best poet since Orpheus played his lyre.
To spread your love to everyone you meet and greet.
To rise above life’s trials and tribulations,
like a phoenix rising from the fire.
To be at peace in your own presence,
regardless of the havoc that rages all around.
To speak the gentle truth with humility.
To be compassionate to all.
To spread your inner light far and wide,
and never ever hide
behind thinking small.
But will you give permission
to your self?
Comments about Permission Granted? by David Taylor
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda