Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poetry...A Craft - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Much like that
Of a mason laying bricks.
Each word selected...
Has to be placed,
On a foundation suitable
And making a nice, tight fit.
If a piece is out of kilter,
It is spotted (snaps fingers) quick.
Much like building a home,
To match the scenery where it sits!
Appealing to the eye,
But surprisingly comfortable
For those who did not come to stay!
Believing they came briefly to visit...
And then turn away!
Not when poetry is done to convey,
What it offers to the mind
In a unique and special way!
Comments about Poetry...A Craft by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl