Lawrence S. Pertillar
Put 'That' In Your Basket - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
My beliefs that are 'my' beliefs,
Should not infringe upon those of yours.
If my beliefs are more popularly received,
I will prevail,
Even if thrown in jail.
Just to have it shown on national TV.
'But 'why' is that process necessary? '
MY beliefs are real ones.
Are not accepted around here.
'And, that's discrimination! '
Your point to make,
What we do is what we choose.
And has nothing to do with you.
This is about me. Us.
And our tight knit judgemental community.
So put 'that' in your basket.
With a taking your task somewhere else.
Comments about Put 'That' In Your Basket by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl