Theodora (Theo) Onken
Rejection Slip - Poem by Theodora (Theo) Onken
Dainty in Pink?
Not Clever chiffon...
Won't pay the bills -
A Notice, Too Strong!
A thin carbon-copied sheet -
Baby pink, in colour, a hue -
Advising, YOU, the receiver
That YOUR life, as you know it, is through.
Everything you've worked for -
Fingers down to the bone -
Burning the Mid-Night Oil -
Recipricated, with face, Stoic as Stone!
Not Pretty in Pink?
Now burning, your hand, to a sting -
With your whole world collapsing,
Let the 'Fat Lady' callously sing.
(Dedicated to Debby and her son...)
Comments about Rejection Slip by Theodora (Theo) Onken
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl