Sharing A Cheshire Cat Smile - Poem by Amanda Lukas
I suppose we do share that 'Cheshire Cat Smile',
that smile that both comforts
and warns of mischeif.
Wonder in our delighted eyes,
and our reason for smiling, a mystery.
I suppose you always had your reasons,
just as I've always had mine,
and if ever a smile's purpose
was simply to cover up tears,
the secret wouldn't leak.
When I feel like just giving up,
I think of that smile you'd prominently display.
And when times were tough,
you'd cover it up,
with that 'Cheshire Cat Smile',
and all was okay.
Comments about Sharing A Cheshire Cat Smile by Amanda Lukas
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl