Silence - Poem by Ashley Ormon
Silence speaks as smooth as honey,
It walks in memorable grace,
& to all that hear its words softly speaking,
It fills their soul with nectar’s taste.
Silence immerses the song of the ocean,
Its roaring seas, its tide-
Slow spilling a peace,
Only speech denies.
Through its deafening sound,
She blows her trumpets loud-
The music thrives and thunders
Among the lightening clouds.
Its warmth and love echoes in laughter,
The absence of unwritten sound-
Silence, like flowing water,
Roars when it’s unbound.
Comments about Silence by Ashley Ormon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl