Grow Wings - Poem by Ashley Ormon
I wish I was a bird so I could just fly away,
And escape all the harmful things from the light of day,
To be free from all misfortune, the heartaches, and the pain,
And to escape all things in life that are inhumane.
Like the bird that flys high in order to survive,
I wish I too, could grow wings and among the clouds could I thrive.
A bird has its freedom from the day it is born,
But no, not I, I was birthed into a place filled with thickened thorns.
So as I struggle to break free from broken hearts, cruelness, and pain,
I'll watch the bird that flies by, wishing that I too, grow wings.
Comments about Grow Wings by Ashley Ormon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl