Distorted Love - Poem by Ashley Ormon
How distorted is the meaning of love
Of men and woman today?
In all believing that sex is love
And can be easily thrown away.
Hookups and breakups,
Where is the pure love,
Between woman and man?
It’s all about “playing the game”,
And where’s the love in that?
I tell you this “new love” of theirs,
Is so dull and flat-
Distorted love I call it,
Lacking the true affection that’s kind,
Maybe true love has been forgotten,
And someone needs to remind,
That this “new love”, “distorted love”
Needs to be left behind.
Comments about Distorted Love by Ashley Ormon
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl