Sonnet Ii - Poem by Abdullah Rihawi
Thou, LOVE, dropp dead, prithee my heart forsake
Thou knowest but mine in eager to be left,
So try not this heart to hurt nor bloody make
Lest get died while for him thou pine to be cleft.
Thou, LOVE, be still, move not, be wide awake
For thou knowest not but mine thou art to be
Keep up just within till thy arm I am to take
Lest get lost when mine for a hug yearn to thee.
Thou, LOVE, be here, leave not for heaven's sake
For thy going is none but mine doth despise
Woe! Suffer me not woo nor forcibly to fake
So let me hold thy hand, body and realize.
Yet, let me back into the very first only lest,
In thee be gone or lost as all the rest.
Comments about Sonnet Ii by Abdullah Rihawi
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda