Lawrence S. Pertillar
Tender - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I can surrender,
I can become seduced...
If that emotion comes.
And I can not refuse,
A choice chosen we both choose!
I can be cold!
And my eyes would not hold that back.
I prefer to give...
But it is hard for me to take,
You believe can be easily mended.
Anytime you have mistaken me...
As a piece of discarded meat!
You wish to treat as a leftover,
When you have the appetite to eat.
I am not 'that' available!
Your selection was timely.
You will discover that...
After I am gone!
And you are left cruising the streets!
Comments about Tender by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl