Lawrence S. Pertillar
That's What I Said - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
I have been misquoted.
I am getting sick and tired of it.
I did not say you lacked intelligence.
What I said was...
'How can an imbecile masquerade as a fool.
And have the I.Q. of a grapefruit! '
That's what I said 'verbatim'.
I did not mention anything,
About you lacking intelligence.
Nor that you were waiting for an order,
You placed to be filled online.
It has been delayed.
Another misquote attributed to me.
If I thought you had any intelligence at all,
I'd be the first to tell you that.
Comments about That's What I Said by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl