Dr Hitesh Sheth
The House Of Relationships - Poem by Dr Hitesh Sheth
Oft the house of relationships is
Built on the land of selfishness,
It bricks are shrewdness
Plastered with cement of treacheries
Painted with color of pretensions,
The ceiling is foxy hypocrisy
And floor the opaque opportunism.
When the earthquake of
Difficulties strike that jinxed house,
The bricks of relationship falls apart
And all flee, not unlike the rats
that desert the sinking ship.
Then sisters sue sisters
And Kens attack Abels
Perhaps they are sworn
Enemies of past lives,
Who are born as
husbands, brothers and wives.
Was it in vain
cried the Christ bold
Man’s worst enemies would
Be in his own household.
Dr Hitesh C Sheth
Comments about The House Of Relationships by Dr Hitesh Sheth
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl