The Sounds Of Living And Dying - Poem by Eric Cockrell
listening to the sounds,
earth turning seasons,
waves pounding against
distant shores... fishing boats
setting out to sea....oil rigs
pulsing in demonic rhythm...
big trucks barreling down
faceless interstates... tractors
getting ready to rip the earth....
babies being born, lovers
groaning with passion...
gunfire, bombs exploding!
the silent whispers of the homeless...
gravediggers digging graves.
carpenters pounding nails...
elephants trumpeting, lions roaring,
the hawk's wings beating against
the sky.... and the old woman
dying... the empty room echoes
the prayers of a forgotten life.....
the sounds of living and dying,
anguish and ecstasy... amen!
Comments about The Sounds Of Living And Dying by Eric Cockrell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda