Lawrence S. Pertillar
Thin Skins - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Learning to listen,
With attention not mentioned...
Assists an understanding,
Affording one to comprehend!
If one is willing to absorb...
And not defend from a boredom stored!
A mind will then open,
Choosing not to close!
Letting this process begin,
With a yawning that ends!
But so many sit,
In fidget restless fits!
After realizing something said...
Is directed purposely at them!
And there are those of us,
Spewing words to cuss.
To protect thin skins...
We are too afraid to shed,
To let an honesty enter within!
Comments about Thin Skins by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl