To God - Poem by Sayeed Abubakar
I am tortured by my two eyes;
They seduce, my innocence dies.
I am tortured by my two ears;
They carry me where nymps, like spears,
Tear my heart with sweet songs and dance-
Between you and me, grows distance.
How I am tortured by my nose-
She carries me where the fraud Rose
And her sisters tease me with smell;
I forget you, Life becomes hell.
My tongue does not let me take rest,
Makes me mad with various tastes.
This way my body with all missiles
Attacks me, provokes and beguiles.
My heart in chain, tortured, confined-
Nevertheless, sings songs divine.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about To God by Sayeed Abubakar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda