Lawrence S. Pertillar
Up - Poem by Lawrence S. Pertillar
And refuse to be fffuh...
Upped in a confusion.
Or give up trying to be you.
Diffuse those mistakes you made.
Under any circumstance,
That attempts to keep you down!
With frowns to share and show.
Only have 'that' which pleases your appetite.
Hunger for it...
Until it is satisfied!
Raise and lift yourself up!
Be that one in the crowd who does.
There ain't nothing to eyeball on the sidewalk,
And you don't have to be about that!
Or get out of the way.
Comments about Up by Lawrence S. Pertillar
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda