Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
We Said Goodbye - Poem by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
We said goodbye
Long before this final farewell.
My heart once cold to any thought
Retraces the path we took to love
So long ago.
I shed a tear for those fond memories,
And fight through the veil of time and space
That came between us.
I call no name to blame,
I will not curse the
Time lost that might have been.
Farewell to you once loved so dearlly,
How did we forget the forever of it?
I scatter you on the wind and wings
Of my memories.
Some day I shall
Comments about We Said Goodbye by Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl