Well-Trained Obedience - Poem by Suraj Samtani
For how much longer will I live life on rent?
When will I ever do that for which I'm sent?
I'm tired of listening to orders.
I'm fed up of living within borders.
For once let me step out.
For once let me scream & shout.
I cannot be obedient all my life.
Just let me test the sharpness of my knife.
I don't even know how to live otherwise.
I've been too well trained to act wise.
O pray, I discover my true self.
O pray, I abandon my fake self.
Comments about Well-Trained Obedience by Suraj Samtani
Edgar Allan Poe
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda