With Broken People..... - Poem by Eric Cockrell
i seem to do better,
to be able to communicate better,
with broken people.
knocked down, bruised, wounded,
devastated by loss,
but still walking people.
people who've tasted love,
who've drank fully from the cup of living,
people with scars....
for these are the people
who have the capacity to fly!
if you've never wrestled demons,
how can you know what an angel is.
if you dont know the depths of darkness,
you will never see the light.
if you've never had to break chains,
how can you know freedom?
these are my people...
my philosophy is kindness,
compassion, and involvement...
my goal, to walk beside!
Comments about With Broken People..... by Eric Cockrell
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl