Rivers O'Donahue Poems
- Run (Lyrics) The first snow brushed the ground, As the sky ...
- Lonely Vampire Blood under my fingertips Satisfaction on my ...
- Suppose I'M Insane In the sanity statistic Is mental illness...
- If Not For You If not for you, I wouldn’t know What true ...
- ... Just For You When I first met her She was looking for a ...
- Tangled In Your Lies... Twisted lies underneath your hooded ...
- Let's Just Scream. Scream, come now scream let's finish this...
My name is Rivers A. O'Donahue. I live in South Carolina, born in Alaska. I love cold weather, I surf, and I love to read and write. I'd say I'm decent at poetry, but I prefer to write stories. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The first snow brushed the ground,
As the sky lit up without a sound,
And we stood below, barefoot and amazed,
Wide-eyed in surprise, heads in a daze.
The stars dealt the cards to our future,
As the seasons changed in a blur.
The laughter faded behind our shadows,
As the cold grass sank between our toes;
It was the last time I looked into your blue eyes,
The very last time I witnessed the sparks fly.
I gave you a choice, it pressed into your skin,
And there I was waving good-bye,
a tear rolling down my chin.
And I ...