Sandy Hiss Poems
- The Burden Of Charisma I watch him pull in hearts like a ...
- In The Pink Room there is an iron bed. The posts are ...
- Crush I want to blow kisses in your tomato soup, watch as ...
- The Dragon When you first told me about the dragon tattoo, I...
- Simply Origami He tried to rip me apart. Attempted to ...
- Goldfish Eyes She watches the world from inside her crystal...
- Of Palms And Proposals The waiter seated her across from ...
Sandy Hiss Benitez has been published in over 45 poetry journals, both print and electronic. Her first book of poetry, Ever Violet, was published in April 2007 and is available for purchase at http: //www.d-npublishing.com. She also has 2 chapbooks of poetry, Beneath a Black Pearl Sky and Petal Storm at Lulu.com.
She was nominated for Best of the Net,2006. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sandy Hiss
The Burden Of Charisma
I watch him pull in hearts
like a fisherman harnessing his net
of fresh fish. His charisma
Did he choose that tie himself?
The answer is in his wife's smile.
She takes a bite of rich dark chocolate
to congratulate herself.
The guests gather round as he recites
his poetry in French. Stiff as his
collar, demeanor elegant yet cool.
He feels the languid drip of sweat
beneath his armpits. Smiles nervously,
wondering if anyone can see the wet
How long can this madness go on?
His voice continues to speak, ...