Sidney Johnson Poems
- Song Of The Snow Goose I am the goose flying high over ...
- Beyond The Trees Beyond the trees and across the road, ...
- When The Wind Blows When the wind blows In the tops of ...
- Hard Lessons The former days when I was young Foolish too I...
- Life Is A Short Venture The weight of the world is grievous, ...
- We In Wonder Gather Near It is the day of reckoning And we ...
- The Rose Vase A single rose within a vase, What gift its ...
Sidney E. Johnson is a native of north western Michigan and lives there with his wife and three children. He is the father of three teenage daughters. He is also a licensed minister and serves as associate pastor in a rural church.
Writing is as much a part of his life as eating and sleeping.
A respected writer among his peers his desire is to leave a legacy of readable poetry to be appreciated by common people everywhere. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sidney Johnson
Song Of The Snow Goose
I am the goose flying high over waters
And all that I know is the voice that calls,
Deep within is the essence of life,
Like a sweet gentle rain that falls,
You see me as I pass high overhead
And you stand feet planted on firm ground,
My trumpets resonate in the cool autumn air,
And mortal men are entranced by the sound,
It lifts your spirit from coils of the earth
And just for a moment you can almost fly,
Stranger beneath me gazing in wonder,
So quickly the moment passes you by.
O son of man we are creatures of earth
In search of ...