Tommy Stroller Poems
- Early Snowfall On The Toisson ... Rich & poor Lost in the ...
- La Mure Those alpine hues That spark from late summer ...
- Glass Eye The eyes of the copse Hunger for the turning For ...
- Spring Up Who knows the name of the hounds of heaven when ...
- The Light Is Going The light is going Way over the copse It...
- Coming To The Limfjord Coming over the long slow hills Of ...
- Haiku 1 Rain drilling on the sea Bare trees too drip But ...
I live in Denmark, am now retired, and looking for enlightenment and love. Previous lives: nurse in an asylum, social anthropologist, businessman, English teacher, editor, project director, traveller of many lands and still travelling in my mind.
The History of My Luggage
http: ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''There are no such things as accidents but if there were, a life of accidents would be a beautiful thing''TS
''It was by chance that we came here, chance when we should leave. The only certainty is in our reason or spells cast in the dark.''TS
''It sometimes seems that we can love only those we are truly leaving.''TS
''The distance between the stars is silence.''TS
''This is not for teaching purposes, not to be reproduced in any form, non-returnable and non-disposable, the property of and all rights remain with those who never sign their name.''?
Comments about Tommy Stroller
Early Snowfall On The Toisson D'or
Rich & poor
Lost in the spiral snowflakes,
Beggars & choosers
Croaking on the freezing air
And it's still only November
On the Toisson d'Or.
The cars sleep in the street,
Snoring monoxide in cumulant lines:
It goes up as snow comes down
Slowly driving in all directions
Tearing the night sky to bonnet ribbons.
The feel of the hooded vapours
Breezing through the heart,
Soft chambers of melted emotion
Carbonised in the slow thump of feet.
A hundred or more desk-tenders
All seeking a way home,
Gazing sullenly at the sky: