willow moon pearce
willow moon pearce Poems
- Taught Racism Children are born blind to hate and ...
- Join The Army Choking smoke Rolling thunder The forgotten ...
- According To The News. My phone is tapped My mail ...
- Banned Book Day The roar of flames And crackle of ...
- 5am. Its 5am, its cold and muddy I have not had dry feet in ...
- Old Graveyard At first I saw A mass of crosses and lichen ...
- A Year In Sussex. It was a special time It was a special ...
I worry about this world we are supposed to be looking after and mans inhumanity to each other - it gets worse with absence of tolerance with the ' dove and the hawk 'The space between the rich and the poor is getting wider and causing friction.Racism remains the same. We need to change. My poetry is I hope close to the point and makes a person think of his current situation. I want and need peace and have seen this world as it is now with sorrow - I do not like what I see. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Children are born blind to hate and bigotry
With their big smiles and loving ways
They are taught ugliness
By unthinking adults and overheard conversation
This makes them use words and terms that for generations
Have caused hate and bitterness
To our fellow man.
Yes, they are taught, not born
To this social cancer.
I once asked a black friend how he would like
To be addressed?
Black, afro-american or just coloured.
No he said - just call me friend.