Yuri Starostin Poems
- Demon. Mikhail Lermontov. The melancholy Demon, the spirit ...
- Borodino Mikhail Lermontov BORODINO Mikhail Lermontov - ...
- About Motherland By Rasul Gamz... About motherland 1 I ...
- Novice Mzyri Mikhail Lermontov Novice Mzyri Mikhail ...
- My Dagestan Rasul Gamzatov My Dagestan When travelled the ...
- The Delight Of The Pagan Hunt...
- The Cranes Rasul Gamzatov The cranes It seems to me at times...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Yuri Starostin
Demon. Mikhail Lermontov.
* PART 1 *
The melancholy Demon, the spirit of exile,
He flew over the sinful earth,
And the best days of the memories
Before him crowd by the herd;
Those days, when in the dwelling of light
He shine, the pure cherub,
When the traveling comet
By the kindly smile of greeting
It liked to change the places with him,
When, through the eternal fogs
Greedy of the knowledge, he watched
The wandering caravans
In the space of the abandoned stars;
When he believed and beloved,
The happy firstborn of creation!
Do not know neither a ...