Alan Brooke Poems
- Fighting Demons One day, I believe, within my youth I ...
- The Truth About Love Love isn't on your Christmas table nor ...
- To Johnny I don't know where you've gone, but I'll ...
- An Ode To Writer's Block 'I saw the angel in the marble and ...
- The Child Behind The Door On this gentle night we wander, ...
I'm write to have fun, cook to make money and travel to forget more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Alan Brooke
One day, I believe, within my youth
I remember waking from a dreamless sleep
as if night had forgotten the brutal truth
as sea forgets demons in its deepest deep.
I still see that day as if my eyes
hung on for support for future pondering;
the loveliest scent, the shapeliest skies
that I've longed to redress in my wandering.
Every second I soaked, every sight I drained
and my pallet lapped at every fluttering taste
'til the sun hid its tears and stars remained,
my mind dragged along by times embrace.
And then, as a man, a second day ...