Darrell Gahm Poems
- The Grays it is Sunday evening, the snow has stopped ...
- Firsts the full moon peeks down on us human rats, scurrying ...
- Food Court many a bored teenaged afternoon was spent on the ...
- I Have Not Truly Suffered I have not truly suffered, ...
- Just Like The Good Old Days it’s nearly one am and I find ...
- Dr. Hunter I was third year college, majoring in history, ...
- The Boards my footsteps echo down the empty streets as the ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Darrell Gahm
the full moon peeks down on us
human rats, scurrying for its
and I find myself thinking
about the first time I got drunk,
under the table in my parent’s kitchen,
aged 12, on vodka and orange juice,
thinking about the first time I felt
the tender softness of a woman’s flesh,
aged 23, living in an attic,
in starving mad poverty,
thinking about the first time I saw
a baby’s smile, aged 27,
terrified of life’s possibilities
thinking about the first time I buried
a grandmother, aged 24,