Debbie Peterson Poems
- Grandma's Quilt The edges are worn on this old quilt From ...
- Mommy There's a name I always wanted to have Since I was a ...
- The Man With The Baton There's a great man I know Who can ...
- A Prayer Answered Here I am on my knees again Wondering this...
- For Tom You were like my big brother When we were growing ...
- The Child There is no laughter Inside these walls There are...
Born in Bloomington, Indiana. Married in 2003 to Greg Peterson. I started writing poems in high school. In 1987, my writing became a release after having a hysterectomy at the age of 20. My writing has now become a labor of love that I plan to give the child we adopt, which will be happening very soon. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Debbie Peterson
The edges are worn on this old quilt
From years of keeping me warm.
She sewed each piece by hand with love
A craft she mastered through years of practice.
As the days pass, no more quilts will there be
Because my grandma will not be with me.
Soon she will be leaving, to find a better place,
A place where she will be free from pain
And see my grandpa's face.
I'll never be ready to say goodbye
To one I love so dear.
I'll keep her in my heart for now
And try to hold back the tears.
So many pieces she sewed together
In all her years on ...