Dr. Ahmed Gumaa Siddiek
Dr. Ahmed Gumaa Siddiek Poems
- My African Village It is a long time since I left my ...
- Maya Angelou: You Will Remain ...
- My Wife My wife You are the essence of life My free ...
- Years & Tears Years after years Millions of tears Were shed...
- Hopes & Dreams Dreams are the bliss for the bride In her ...
- Freedom Is A State Of Mind A helpless bird in this cage It ...
- From Prison To Presidency I Surrounded with an endless ...
Mr.Siddiek was born in Sudan in 1957. He got his BA in English with (MERIT) from Khartoum University in 1982 and an MA in Translation from the Islamic Institute for Translation in Khartoum, as well as an M.ED in (TEFL) from Juba University-Sudan in 2001. He got his Ph.D in applied linguistics with (EXCELLENT) in (Language Assessment) in 2004 from Omdurman Islamic University-Sudan. Since then Dr. Siddiek has been lecturing in Sudan and Saudi Arabia. He published many articles in ELT journals in USA, UK, Canada, Finland and Australia. He attended conferences and read papers in Harvard and Purdue. His papers were also accepted in other places such as France & Canada. He is the Author of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
My African Village
It is a long time since
I left my African Village
And to town I made my way
With a bundle of clothes
That was all my luggage
Then to school on foot
With little money
And some crusts of food
To begin the journey of my learning
At my boyhood
There I met nice people on the road
All with new clothes
Women with new shining eyes
Laughing with new ivory teeth
Healthy boys in new heavy boots
And young girls
With long beautiful curls
And new bright shoes
Oh, my village
At the back of my head is your image
To which I ...