Evelyn Buehler Poems
- Appleyard Mystery It had started out a peaceful day In early...
- Cherry And Plum Ruby Farms, farm of the sunset, With a ...
- The Recluse I was not prepared for the fame... Didn't ...
- Night Fall
- Tilt Drifting vacant skies, forever on wings, Is little ...
- Eyes Like A Rose Asleep in the garden, She's got eyes like ...
- Sundown Whispering leaves, summer breeze, A time to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It had started out a peaceful day
In early June.What a lazy Sunday!
You were quite silent, and filled with dismay;
But, what did the preacher say?
It was golden, and late in the sunrise,
And birds swept southern skies,
In the season of the butterflies.
Did you look him in the eyes?
The wind whispered of tragedy,
Like black water, never to be free;
And eerie stillness was the only
Other hint if what had come to be.
It occurred in heat of bittersweet June,
Sometime just before the noon,
In the shadows beyond Appleyard Lagoon, ...