Gabriela Duricova Poems
- At First Sight Love at first sight Gives you the right To ...
- Autumnal Warmth When winds of autumn kiss your cheeks Go ...
- Beyond Horizon Come, take my hand, sweet little boy Let's ...
- Ladder To Heaven Motley in red boots Sits on balcony ...
- Fayrouz Your soul is silent but not still Like storm upon ...
- Beyond The Gate Your chest is closed Like shutters are in ...
- Shelter From The Storm Through sunny fields And valleys ...
I have always loved reading books. In literature I found magic - anything and everything is possible between a books covers. To me books are not things, they are beings... they speak, they breathe, they share their outlooks, wisdom, they ask questions, theyre soaked with emotion. Books have their own memory separate from humans.
Some time in 2010 a friend asked me to translate for him some of my Slovak poems (Slovak is my native language) and there dates the start of my English writings. I mainly focus on all sorts of poetry, song lyrics, short stories and fairy-tales; I like traditional forms and free verse equally but I find it important for each of my works to follow a ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Gabriela Duricova
At First Sight
Love at first sight
Gives you the right
To cross the street with eyes shut tight
For having fun
Just to hand in hand come undone
Chest light with glee
Give smiles for free
On your affection's spending spree
For each sweet crime
You find a rhyme
Your only judge remains the time