Giovanna Marasco Poems
- The Ballad Of Echo And Narciss... i In a land far from here, ...
- In Death I contemplate my life, Each struggle and each ...
- Merciful Wind Green strips of paper Float past outstretched ...
- Soon I have spent too long In this cage forged by ...
- London Life I wander through each crowded street Bustling ...
- Change Your Ways You were given a choice, You didn't need ...
- The End Our ever-lasting love Finally has ended, Our day ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Giovanna Marasco
The Ballad Of Echo And Narcissus
In a land far from here,
And deep in the past,
Lived a nymph who could talk
Without thought, long and fast.
This nymph's name was Echo,
And a beauty was she,
But her incessant chatter
Was like a disease.
The nymph forced Queen Juno
To cast on her a spell
And rid the poor, young Echo
Of her awful voice from hell.
Now all that she can say
Is that which others have said
And never now, again
The thoughts within her head.
With the passing of time
Echo rested in silence,
And from her forest abode,