John Murtagh Poems
- “cynical? No! - In San Pedro” November solitude - an ...
- Dream Slip A dream slip - as a night flick rolls beyond weak...
- Sentry A sentry held & gazed to fight alone I stood and ...
- Un-Educating Racists Colours just refracted pitch as shades...
- Insomnia (Help! - God's Pickin... Waterfall words ...
- War Of Words (Contemporary V A... By death-time ...
If space and time, as sages say, Are things which cannot be, The fly that lives a single day Has lived as long as we. But let us live while yet we may, While love and life are free, For time is time, and runs away, Though sages disagree. (TS Elliot) Hi to everyone, After not writing anything for 14 years I have decided to start again. I write from simple and shallow to deep and abstract - all ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Insomnia (Help! - God's Picking On Me!)
Waterfall words splash tired closing mind -
eyes flicker - churning - relentless search
Conceived in frames - each passing nook
each threaded coil - my shambled knot
Soul access mad to bodies’ voice -
a vice of chains - cloaked bluff to man
No peaceway path - lest price of pain
A passage eschewed - demented - lost
Our jailor gave us - free to will -
go laugh to ours not - free in learn
Go trouble me on faith return
show stars my eye that quell my heart
Go poke me with religious zeal
most elaborate routes - contrived to ...