Joseph Wilford Poems
- At The Edge Of Everything We talked awhile that night A ...
- This Time Around I write with a pencil Because I make a lot ...
- Gotham Skyscraper arms reach out embrace me shake off
- Chaos And Consequences “Are you sure that’s him? ” the cop ...
- Better Tools He was 33 when I was born—his only son. My ...
- In The Key Of F Tom said: “Car horns honk in the key of F.”...
- Sink Manhattan We drove the car right onto the ferry It was ...
Joe Wilford is primarily a musician; singer, songwriter and guitarist. He has been in several bands: The Poetry Revolution, Shakespearian Headshop, The Belfast, Logic Downwards, Jericho Hill, The Trailside Rangers, and The Boomchasers are a few. He has completed numerous solo projects and collaborations with other musicians as well. Among these are Acoustic Amatory, Bridges, Sonic Revelations and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Joseph Wilford
At The Edge Of Everything
We talked awhile that night
A façade of words
Through which we could both see
It was happening
Her and I stood
at the edge of everything
We knew nothing
No acquaintance was needed
I breathed her in
Dark eyebrows framed her face
Accenting the brushstrokes and soft colors
A portrait of allure
Shades of escape
Hues of a landslide
Doors creaking open
An outstretched hand
Not wrong for the soul
Let this painting be mine
And home would never be the same
No walls, no ceiling
Sacrificed by her admission
I allowed this