Joshua N. Poems
- I'M Only Worth A Penny Raised in this world of wonder and ...
- What Now? I was driving the other day I was talking on the ...
- There Is Us Tiny space Many voices In my ear Inside my ...
- No Longer We are walking this plane of life Three ...
- His Own World A thoughtful man alone Alone in his own ...
- Dreamland Walking through a tunnel of light blinded by the ...
Born in California to his mother Linda and his father David, Joshua was the second of five children. He spent a few years of his childhood in Pine Bluff, Arkansas and grew up just north of Los Angeles, California. He attended Saugus High School, Bowman High School, and Herbert Hoover High School before earning his GED and apprenticing as a plumber. He began his own plumbing business and had three ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I'M Only Worth A Penny
Raised in this world of wonder and excitement
Taught that everybody has a chance
Learned to love my neighbors too
Saw the joy of song and dance
At age five I cut my knee
Daddy told me not to cry
'Be a big boy strong and tough,
Be a big boy just like me.'
My eyes were opened to the world and I saw
An experience awaited me
Forgot the joy I knew then
All the things that I could be
Turned sixteen and got a life
Punched a clock from four to ten
The Mc Donalds' taught me true
Money holds away the strife
The value of my life, and what I can share