Katharine Byrd Poems
- Someday Someday When the lilies have wilted And the violets...
- Poem For Mother There once was a cluster of trees, in a ...
- About Shadows Winter petals fall upon a crystal lake Inhale ...
- Rosemary Poor Ophelia, Release your weeds
- Mediocre Opinions vary as they fall on the lips of fools, ...
- Him I smelt you today... Not but a whisper. Somewhere in ...
- Trust In Me We come from different worlds Two different ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Katharine Byrd
When the lilies have wilted
And the violets are gone
I will stand naked in my garden
And weep for the lost sensations.
When my heart has faded
And my spirit is forlorn
I will bend to my knees
And pray for repentance.
I will walk indifferently down the streets
Not caring for the stalkers and murderers who pass me by
And carry in my hands
A fathomless inner peace.
I walked down the aisle of the local bookstore
And smiled as a shoplifter
Walked swiftly by.
© K. Byrd 2000