Kolitha Lelwala Poems
- Doctors Are Patients Mellifluous music nicely furnished ...
- ~~~why Divide....? ? ? ? ~~~ Moon illuminates World with ...
- ~~~my Sweet Rose~~~ (Thoughts of an elderly teacher who ...
- The Wild Beast In Human Trance... Flower of innocence ...
- Impermanence When the dawn appears whilst roosters are on ...
- Amma (Mum) My Great Wisdo... She rose into our world ...
- I Whisper My Love......... My sacred love...... like a ...
I was born in Galle, to a middle class family.My father was a clerk in Government Agent's Office. My mother was a primary teacher. I am the 3rd of a family with one sister and two brothers.
My mother was my first teacher of my life as well as the first teacher in my school. She was a devoted teacher; some times we were compelled to 'hate' her as she devoted her school vacation for poor ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Kolitha Lelwala
Doctors Are Patients
nicely furnished rooms
cool air gushes
make everybody blooms.
Digital thermo sets
One touch moving beds
Bright faces with paints all over
Yet empty brains with hard skulls
Clueless white clothes
Mighty medical reps, who
Teach 'world's best medicines'
Nobody reads notes
yet, counts Dollar notes.
Lost in medical supermarket
Practicing commercial medicine
I miss patients back home
And I lose my hands' acumen.
Giving what patients ...