Nichita Stanescu Poems
- Of Love She remains bored and very beautiful her black hair ...
- Sentimental Story Then we met more often. I stood at one ...
- Sad Love Song Only my life will die for me, in truth, ...
- A Poem
- Winter Song You are so beautiful in winter! The field ...
- Poetry Poetry is the weeping eye it is the weeping ...
- Burned Forest Black snow was falling. The tree line shone ...
Nichita Stanescu was a Romanian poet and essayist. He is the most acclaimed contemporary Romanian language poet, leaving behind some of the most important poetry in post-war Romanian literature. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
She remains bored and very beautiful
her black hair is angry,
her bright hand
for ages now has forgotten me, -
for ages too has forgotten itself,
hanging as it has from the neck of a chair.
In the lights I drown myself,
set my jaws against the coursing of the year.
I reveal my teeth to her
but she understands this is no smile-
sweet, illuminated creature
she reveals myself to me while
she remains bored and very beautiful
and for her alone I live
in the appalling world
of this inferior heaven.