0110 Visiting Billy Collins - Poem by Michael Shepherd
The gate opens easily -
someone's oiled it quite recently.
There's fresh gravel on the path
this winter day.
There's a dog kennel out there and
a single warning bark from inside the house but
your shins are safe.
Those neighbours of his seem
The doormat has said
some frayed years now.
There are lights on and
the door opens quickly although
they weren't expecting you so soon.
'How about a walk around after
coffee, this crisp morning?
Just as far as you like? There's
lots to show you..'
We walk further than
I intended, laughing
over the word
Comments about 0110 Visiting Billy Collins by Michael Shepherd
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl