(929) Within - Poem by Melvina Germain
Confront your dark side head on.
Deal with the demons that hide within.
It’s difficult to know where to begin.
Start with the feelings you have of others,
your friends, sisters, and your brothers.
It’s time to open your eyes and look deep inside.
After all you do have some pride.
Hold your head high, it takes a big person, to
clean old wounds, and open closed doors.
Look to the front, look to the side, look behind,
then take a huge stride.
Your time has come to stand at the forefront.
To raise your hands high, to take a leap, for what
you are about to see, you will surely want to keep.
Cleanse your heart, speak the truth, leave nothing
untold. This is your time to stand and be bold.
Speak loud and clear, God hears you, while you
The book will be open and you must answer, so
anti up now and take your bow. Truer words
may never be spoken and your faith must never be
Poem by: Melvina Germain
Comments about (929) Within by Melvina Germain
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda
- TelevisionRoald Dahl