A Beautiful Benediction - Poem by Norah Tunney
The nearest thing
to god for me
is the love of my mother
two of the biggest hearts
and gentlest spirits I know.
In my childhood
they lit a candle in my soul,
an unshakable trust in life,
no storm can blow out.
Their love is a lighthouse
in the dark midst of my life,
that carry me through,
a beautiful benediction blessing all my days.
Comments about A Beautiful Benediction by Norah Tunney
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
- Still I RiseMaya Angelou
- The Road Not TakenRobert Frost
- If You Forget MePablo Neruda
- DreamsLangston Hughes
- Annabel LeeEdgar Allan Poe
- Stopping By Woods On A Snowy EveningRobert Frost
- IfRudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And WeepMary Elizabeth Frye
- TelevisionRoald Dahl
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love YouPablo Neruda